1996 Hinckley 36'
1996 Hinckley 36'
Boat Name: "Sand Owl"
Sand Owl is a 1996 Hinckley 36 Picnic currently available for sale in Yarmouth Maine. This boat has a price of $205,000 Our team at Seattle Yachts is here to help you find the right boat for your needs, budget, and style. We have access to boats off the market that will never be seen online so contact us today with your interest.
|Boat Name:||Sand Owl|
|Display Length:||36 ft|
|Beam:||10 ft in|
|Max Draft:||1 ft 6 in|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons):||160|
|Fresh Water Capacity (Gallons):||30|
|Max Speed:||25 kn|
|Number of Engines:||1|
|Engine Power||350.00 HP|
"The year was 1994. The vessel was Hinckley‘s 36 Picnic Boat. Yachting’s Oliver S. Moore III described the boat’s ride as “knife-through-butter smooth.” The model has since enjoyed a 22-year production run. Among the classic, extended pilothouse and MKIII versions, 491 hulls have been built." ~ Yachting
Sand Owl is a true New England boat through and through. Enjoying short in water seasons and long winters in storage, she presents as a much newer boat. While not perfect, Sand Owl is a very good example of this iconic Hinckley design. Priced below market to sell quickly, this is a great opportunity to own a well-maintained Hinckley Picnic Boat.
Seattle Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by East Coast Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Hull and Deck
Hull is Kevlar-E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern. Stainless steel half round on solid fiberglass molded rub rail
- Blue Awlgrip
- Light Cream deck and cabin top
- White single boot stripe
- Green bottom
Deck and Equipment:
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Hinckley mast on cabin top
- Four (4) fixed elliptical ports in house sides.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Stern mounted varnished teak ensign pole and socket
- (3) Low profile opening aluminum hatches (2) in pilothouse and (1) in cabin top.
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern, and spring line 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Masthead and running lights
The cockpit has an insulated engine box with a white cushion. The (2) step teak boarding step mounts either port or starboard.
Aft settee seat has cushioned bottom and back upholstered in navy marine upholstery.
Stowage is available in cockpit lockers with varnished teak doors and there are (3) flush cockpit-sole hatches. The cockpit coming cap is varnished teak and there are (4) direct drainage scuppers.
Other features include:
- Aft settee seat with cushion back and bottom
- Teak cockpit coaming
- Teak heavy-duty swim platform with stainless steel brackets and half round
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder on swim platform
The pilothouse is finished in varnished teak as well as the helm dash and cockpit coaming. There are (4) fixed pilothouse windows with (2) heavy duty, electric, self-parking wipers and washers. The overhead is insulated and has two (2) halogen lights, and there is a teak locking companionway door with hatch.
Helm station has a varnished teak dash, stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim and engine controls and gauges. Blue colored adjustable helm seat with a stainless steel foot rest.
To port is a forward and aft facing seat for (2) upholstered in Sunbrella Navy with varnished teak locker door storage underneath.
An Ivory drop curtain with window provides fully enclosed pilothouse area.
- Raytheon 601XX chart plotter
- Raytheon RL9 LCD Radar
- Raytheon RP-650 autopilot with rate gyro-sensor
- Autohelm ST-50 Tri-data speed indicator, depth and trip meter
- Autohelm Compass steering display
- ICom IC-M506 marine VHF
- Ritchie ships compass
Pilot Salon Roof
- Raymarine closed array radar dome
- Raytheon Raystar 108 GPS antenna
- Raytheon Nav 398 GPS receiver
- AFI horn
- Autohelm transducer
The electrical system has a low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system. There is a Bass 12-volt distribution panel with thermal magnetic breakers, a voltmeter, and amp meter.
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (2) 12-Volt 4D batteries
- (2) Heavy duty battery parallel switches
- 80-Amp alternator
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system
- Shore power dockside electrical cable
- Guest 110 volt 30-amp battery charger
1996 Yanmar 6YLM-STE 350 HP diesel engine with Racor fuel filter, Hamilton 291 water jet-drive.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High water temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Vetus 7” bow thruster with helm foot control
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- In-line 12-volt DC sump pump
- (2) Electric 1500 gph 12-volt electric bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump with handle in cockpit
- Aluminum 25 gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
Sand Owl sleeps two (2) comfortably and has a private head with shower and galley.
The interior is finished in satin varnished cherry, including hull sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly. There are (3) stainless steel 12-volt lamps and (2) Hella fans. Heater Craft heater has outlets in the main cabin, head and pilothouse.
There is an entertainment center with an Alpine TDA-7552 stereo AM/FM cassette receiver with remote Alpine CHM-S800 CD changer, and Poly Planer MA-4054-WS marine speakers.
At the bottom of the companionway steps to starboard is the head with a solid cherry privacy door. The under mounted porcelain sink rests in varnished cherry countertop. A molded fiberglass floor pan with drain allows for easy cleaning after showers. Storage in the head is provided by cherry-faced lockers above and outboard of the countertop and by a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head. There is forced ventilation.
- Opening stainless steel port-light
- (2) Chrome 12-volt lights
- Large vanity mirror
- Single-basin sink
- Pressure fresh water hot/cold mixing tap with pull out shower wand
- Sealand Vacu-Flush marine head
The v-berth is a double berth, with cushion upholstered in Chatham 4400 fabric which accentuates the varnished cherry interior. Forward is plenty of stowage in the sealed forepeak and under the forward V-berths. A hanging locker is just aft to starboard.
- Overhead opening deck hatch
- (2) Hella fans
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted to port and starboard on the forward bulkhead
- Fixed port-lights port and starboard
The galley is to port with an Antique White Formica countertop. Features include:
- Adler-Barbour refrigeration –12-volt cold plate refrigeration in a self-draining base
- Stainless steel bowl wink with hot and cold pressure fresh water
- Force 10 stainless steel 2-burner stove with remote propane shut-off
- Pull-out under-counter garbage disposal container
The stove is set in the countertop forward, and there is ample counter space surrounding the sink and on the ice box set into the aft end of the countertop. An Adler Barbour cold-plate is mounted in a fully insulated, self-draining icebox on the aft end of the counter. At the forward end of the counter, to port is a shelved, lift-top/louvered door storage locker with stereo receiver over outboard. Storage is provided by lockers above and outboard the galley countertop and by a large locker under the sink that also has a pull-out trash bin.
For more information on this yacht, please contact us..