36' Grand Craft Commuter 2013
The Grand Craft 36 Commuter
Welcome to the Grand Craft 36 Commuter, your Ultimate Classic Pleasure Craft. Constructed by hand using classic and time tested methods, she is a true piece of floating art and a study in expert wood carpentry from bow to stern.Stepping aboard you are instantly transported to the roaring 20's on your way to a party at the Gatsby mansion...every visible part of the vessel is true to form, compelling you to somewhere special and unique.
The ride is unparalleled by today's fiberglass hull boats, with the sharp entry and sound/vibration absorbing properties of the mahogany you feel like you are riding a Rolls-Royce on the water.
Ideal as a mega yacht tender, she speaks to the owner's unique and classic style like none other, projecting distinction and a keen eye for the truly premium.
Trained and skilled craftsmen mill and color match mahogany according to lofted patterns. The 36 Commuter is built with three layers on the sides and four layers on the bottom and transom.African Meranti Mahogany is preferred by Grand-Craft for its flexible strength and sound/shock absorption, as well as its lasting beauty. Each piece is hand selected on the basis of the consistent, reddish brown hue and grain; straight grain for side planking, ribbon grain for the transom, if desired. Walnut and oak are often used on dash panels and storage compartments.
Stringers, made from high-grade fir, run the length of the hull for added strength.
All hardware is hand-cast brass or bronze, which is plated in copper, nickel and chrome, by the highest quality process available. Heavy as it is handsome, this striking hardware exemplifies the quality of Grand-Craft — strong, durable and beautiful works of art.
This Entire Vessel is Painstakingly Constructed by Hand at the Grand Craft Facility in Holland, Michigan using Fine Mahogany Wood.
Modern Woodworking Techniques Were Employed to Dramatically Increase Durability and Reduce Maintenance Downtime vs. Older Wood Vessels. Cross Plank Construction and West System Epoxy Resin Retain All the Beauty and Timeless Style of a Wood Boat but Without The Issues Typically Associated with Older Wood Vessels.
The Gorgeous Mahogany Exterior is Heavily Protected by up to 22 Layers of Awlspar and Awlbright Coating, the Best Protection Available For Wood in a Marine Environment, Even in Southern Climates.
- Forward Facing Helm and Companion Seats
- (2) Inboard Facing Bench Seats in Cabin Area with Custom Leather Upholstry
- (2) Motor Boxes Mounted Midships with Cushions on Top
- Aft Transom Seat with Custom Upholstry
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel and Chrome Deck Hardware
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Muir Windlass Mounted Through the Bow, Done by Grand Craft Custom at Owner's Request
- Swim Platform on Transom, Done by Grand Craft Custom at Owner's Request
- Teak Decking Throughout
- (2) Front Windows That Open from The Bottom
- (3) Sliding Windows on Each Side of Cabin Area, Total of (6)
- 12v Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- Distressed Copper Sink w/Granite Countertop
- Vacu-Flush Head with Holding Tank
- Water Tank for Sink
- LED Overhead and Indirect Lighting
- Xantrex TrueCharge 20Amp Battery Charger
- Stuart Warner Gauges At Helm
- Tilt Steering Wheel
- Digital Throttle and Shift for Engines
- Searchlight Above Helm Station
- Trim Tabs, Electric Interceptor
- Bilge Pump in Aft Section of Bilge w/Manual Switch
- Night Running Lights
- Hardtop Painted White- Stem Bent Mahogany Rails on Underside
- Stainless Steel Grab Rails on Outboard Sides of Hardtop from Cockpit to Bow
- American Flag with Wood Flagpole Mounted on Transom
- Custom Designed Canvas Enclosure
The Grand Craft 36 Commuter has a cruising speed of around 30mph and a top speed around 40mph. Powered by twin ILMOR 380hp engines with digital throttles, she has a strong yet smooth throttle response with a sound reminiscent of a european sports car...not too loud, but you know it is there.The ILMOR engines are freshwater cooled for durability and feature variable valve timing for extra performance. The dual-equal hydraulic cam phaser adjusts camshaft timing at same rate for intake and exhaust valves, advancing cam timing for low end torque and slowing cam timing for high RPM horsepower.
The result is a reliable and well mannered power system that is ideally matched to a vessel of Grand Craft caliber.
Seattle Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Tom George Yacht Group. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|Category:||Antique and Classics|
|Display Length:||36 ft|
|Max Draft:||2 ft|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons):||115|
|Fresh Water Capacity (Gallons):||--|
|Max Speed:||40 kn|
|Number of Engines:||2|
|Engine Power||0.00 HP|
Seattle Yachts provides access to thousands of boats and yachts available on the market today. These new and used yachts for sale around the world and on the MLS may or may not be listed with Seattle Yachts, however we have the expert team on staff to help you with the purchase of any brand or type of boat.