1985 Alden 50'
1985 Alden 50'
Boat Name: "ELENA"
ELENA is a 1985 Alden CB currently available for sale in Stamford Connecticut. This boat has a price of $229,000 Our team at Seattle Yachts is here to help you find the right boat for your needs, budget, and style. We have access to boats off the market that will never be seen online so contact us today with your interest.
|Display Length:||50 ft|
|Beam:||14 ft 4 in|
|Max Draft:||10 ft 4 in|
|Min Draft:||5 ft 6 in|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons):||120|
|Fresh Water Capacity (Gallons):||280|
|Max Speed:||9 kn|
|Number of Engines:||1|
|Engine Power||100.00 HP|
ELENA is easily sailed shorthanded, with furling headsails, electric furling mainsail, electric primary winches, and electronics including AIS and radar. An electric windlass and bow thruster round out the amenities for easy operation. Hydraulic centerboard allows for close-in coastal cruising or deep water performance sailing.
ELENA's interior offers two private staterooms, two heads, with showers, large salon with U-shaped galley, nav station with quarter berth, starboard pilot berth, Luke soapstone fireplace, AC/heater, good natural ventilation and more.
In the water and available for showing by appointment, ELENA should be on any serious cruiser's short list.
Seattle Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Brewer Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Beautiful teak interior with three private staterooms, two heads with showers, large main salon, U-shaped galley, sit-down navigation station, Luke soapstone fireplace, heat/AC, and much more.
- Varnished teak interior
- Cabin sole-Teak lumber, epoxy laminated with hard rock maple contrasting strips. Varnished to satin finish.
- Hull ceiling-Varnished hull ceiling battens outboard of berths
- 6'7" headroom
- Overheads-from textured vinyl laminated to closed cell foam on removable panels below insulating air space. Main cabin panels replaced 2010.
- Forward Pullman berth extended to 7'3", and widened to 5'6".
- Double cabin aft to starboard
- Single cabin aft to port
- Berth cushions-6" polyurethane foam with zippered covers. New main cabin upholstery (2010)
- Hanging lockers lined with aromatic cedar hull ceiling
- Screens on all openings
- 16,000 BTU Air Conditioning w/reverse heat (NEW 2021)
- ESPAR diesel hot-air furnace, thermostatically controlled
- LUKE Soapstone Fireplace
- Stainless steel propane stove with (4) top burners and broiler, fully gimballed.
- Stove guard-1" stainless steel, attachment points for harness
- LP gas cylinders (2) 20# vertical, in wells venting overboard
- Refrigeration-Custom-designed 120 V Eutectic plate system w/separate freezer and refrigeration systems (2004)
- Compressor (New 2022)
- Remote thermometers continuously monitor refrigerator and freezer temperatures
- GE Microwave (2009)
- Stainless steel double sink and faucet
- Foot pumps for fresh and saltwater
- Ample storage including overhead above sink
ELECTRONICS & HELM
- RAYMARINE Quantum Radar (2019)
- RAYMARINE Chartplotter MFD
- AIS Transponder/Receiver (2016)
- RAYMARINE depth, speed, wind instruments (2014)
- SGC SSB radio transceiver
- UNIDEN VHF w/wireless remote
- CLARION Bluetooth Stereo AM/FM
- AUTOHELM SPX30 w/P70r control and S100 wireless remote (2012)
- DANFORTH Constellation Binnacle Compass, 6" with Chrome Hood
- EDSON Pedestal
- Stainless Steel Wheel, 40" diameter
- Emergency tiller
- Switchboard-with XANTREX battery monitor, DC voltmeter, DC ammeter, 38 DC circuit breakers, 3 high-power circuit breakers
- Engine starting circuit: dedicated 70 Amp alternator charges heavy-duty AGM 4D LIFELINE battery
- House System: Dedicated BALMAR alternator charges (4) heavy-duty AGM 4D LIFELINE batteries
- DC power selection with emergency parallel switches to engine and generator circuits
- LPG control system-Illuminated control located close to galley and propane sensor with visual and audible alarms. Stainless steel gauge for pressure monitoring.
- Forced ventilation -blowers for engine room and battery compartment
- Voltage alarm-individual alarms for each battery bank/alternator with visual and audible alarms
- Surge protector-voltage surge and spike clipping device for electronic panel
- Separate circuit for electronics
- Bulkhead mounted lights-(10) brass
- Dome lights-(22) stainless steel, 7" with LED bulbs throughout vessel
- AC System-(3) wire galvanic-protected ground 110V, 50 Amp system
- AC Switchboard-with ship-shore power selector, automatic transfer between inverter and generator, double-pole main breaker for each power source, polarity indicator, volt meter, ammeter, and (11) branch circuit breakers
- AC service-NEMA standard inlet fitting and 50', 30 Amp power cord
- 50 amp and 30 amp PROsine battery chargers
- Navigation lights-LED
- Galvanic bonding system
- Lightning protection-meets ABS standards, including chainplates and metallic components
- Overcurrent protection-of high amperage DC circuits
- WESTERBEKE 3 KW Generator w/Racor filter and remote control.
- 6KW isolation/voltage change transformer
- 3KW inverter with remote control
- Water tanks-aluminum with interior baffles (280 gal total)
- Water pressure pump (2012)
- Water heater-stainless steel 15 gallon. Engine or 110V AC operation
- Sinks-Stainless steel in galley. China bowls in heads
- Toilets-aft head-Wilcox Crittenden Skipper fresh or salt water toilet connected to holding tank with alternate Y valve. Forward head-VACUFLUSH fresh water connected directly to holding tank.
- Holding Tank-55 gal with overboard discharge pump and deck pump-out
- Shower sumps with overboard discharge
- Bilge pumps -(1) EDSON mounted below cabin sole. (1)Whale Gusher Mk II in cockpit. (2) electric pumps w/automatic sensors. Spare EDSON pump.
- Thru hull fittings with bronze seacocks
- Salt and freshwater deck washdown
ENGINE & MECHANICAL
- YANMAR turbocharged 100 HP engine (2005) 1,760 hours
- Propeller shaft- 1.5" dia. AQUAMET 22
- Shaft coupling-SCATRA AQUADRIVE constant-velocity joint coupling system (rebuilt 2005)
- Engine control-Pedestal-mounted, single lever shift/throttle control (2005)
- Propeller-19" 3-blade feathering Max prop (bronze) (Rebuilt 2004)
- Fuel tanks-(2) Certified 5052 aluminum alloy with baffles
- RAYCOR fuel filters
- Engine room insulation-3/4" Mylar foam and lead insulation (2005)
- Bow Thruster- 9 HP SIDE-POWER with control on pedestal (2006)
- Hull - Gelcoat over fiberglass. Core material has Lloyd's Register of Shipping, Quality Approval Certificate No. YSC/QA103
- Awlgrip - NEW 2015
- External lead keel - 16,300 lbs. with stainless steel keel bolts
- Structural bulkheads - major bulkheads of composite construction
- Additional structural components - FRP lateral and transverse beam stringer system
- Centerboard - fiberglass, airfoil shape, positive buoyancy, controlled from cockpit hydraulic panel. Incorporates pressure relief valve and easily replaceable break-away pin
- Hull interior- accessible spaces treated with polyester coating for ease of cleaning
- Sole-bearing timbers-mahogany, polyester encapsulated
- Bottom-painted with MICRON EXTRA (2 coats, 2022)
- Deck and house top-molded non-skid
- Deck joiner work and trim-Teak varnished with smooth high-gloss finish
- Toe rail aluminum with Alden-designed stainless steel bow, stern & side chocks
- Cockpit seats and sole- laid teak, epoxy bonded to FRP substrate
- Pulpits- Double-rail, 1" dia. heavy wall stainless. Bow pulpit has teak seat and gated design.
- Lifelines-27" double with boarding gates port and starboard (NEW 2016)
- Stem fitting- stainless steel welded with bow roller. Anchor retaining pin.
- Quarter fittings-stainless steel with integral chocks
- Mooring Cleats-forward 15" and (2) 12" cleats, (4) midships and (2) aft cleats 12"
- Dorade guards- heavy wall stainless steel over forward dorades
- Dorade boxes, varnished teak w/chromed adjustable locking cowl vents. Interior non-corrosive screens
- Foredeck hatch - ALMAGG 35 over forward cabin & head, main salon, galley, aft cabins and head
- Sliding companionway hatch and drop boards
- Ports - Fixed ports and opening. Opening located in cabin house and aft cabins
- NILSSON VWC 3000 windlass with rope capstan and chain gypsy
- Mast Collar-aluminum with lip for lashing on mast boot
- Flagpole socket-chrome bronze
- Cockpit safety attachment points
- Cockpit coaming lockers port and starboard with teak framed opening
- FIRDELL radar reflector
- Navigation, masthead, foredeck, spreader and cockpit lights
- Jib tracks recently re-bedded
SAILS & RIGGING
- NORTH Main (2014)
- UK Jib (2019)
- UK Staysail (2019)
- Storm sail
- Rigged for trysail
- Spare NORTH Jib
- Spare Staysail (Modest condition)
- Mast - welded aluminum with two spinnaker halyard cranes, stepped to keel. HOOD Stowaway in-mast electric furling for mainsail
- Spreaders - two pair, tapered
- Cutter rig with HOOD Seafurl II furling staysail and genoa, and cruising spinnaker
- Blocks - all necessary blocks for staysail, genoas, and main sheet. Additional snatch blocks.
- Boom - with fixed gooseneck, outhaul with car and integral tackle. NAVTEC hydraulic vang
- Standing rigging - Rod rigging (NEW 2018)
- Running Backstays
- Backstay tension - hydraulic backstays with turnbuckle, controlled from cockpit. (Cylinders rebuilt 2022)
- Halyards - (2) internal genoa halyards, internal main and staysail halyards. (2) internal spinnaker halyards.
- Running Rigging - NEW 2019
- Cockpit primaries - (2) BARIENT #36, 3-speed self-tailing chrome electric
- Cockpit secondaries -(2) BARIENT #32, 2-speed chrome
- Cabintop - (2) BARIENT #27, 2-speed, self-tailing chrome, port & starboard
- Genoa halyards - BARIENT #27, 2-speed, self-tailing chrome on spar port side with rope clutch for roller furling halyard
- Staysail halyard - BARIENT #24, 2-speed, self-tailing chrome with rope clutch
- Main halyard - BARIENT #27, 2-speed, self-tailing chrome on mast stbd side with rope clutch
- Spinnaker halyard - BARIENT #24, 2-speed, self-tailing chrome on mast port side
ADDITIONAL GEAR & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Anchor Rodes - 250 ft nylon, 325 ft high-tensile chain
- Anchors- 35 # Danforth, 45# CQR, 55# Delta, 100# Luke storm anchor
- Dock lines
- Fire Extinguishers
- Life preservers
- Lifesling Retrieval Device
- Horseshoe Life Ring
- Gas grill
- Dodger, Bimini, and Filler (NEW 2021)
- Cockpit cushions
- Fairclough boom-tent winter cover (Modest condition)
- Dinghy (Details pending)
- 8' Boarding ramp-aluminum
- NOTE: Seller has original drawings for vessel
For more information on this yacht, please contact us..