44' Lyman-Morse Sequin 1983
1983 44' Lyman - Morse Sequin
Here is a rare opportunity to own true American classic that has been meticulously maintained, well loved and proven itself time and time again on the open water. Designed by Sparkman + Stephens
and built By Lyman Morse in Thomaston, Maine Scrimshaw is hull #8 of 14 and part of boat building history.
Since being commissioned by Jim House shes only had two additional owners, a survey was performed earlier this month and appraised at 185-205k. Not only is this an incredible opportunity but due to a drastic change in current plans she is now available at an amazing price!
Designed to be sailed offshore comfortably by a couple or a small family, Scrimshaw's interior is practical, pretty and purposeful with things like a work bench, an easily accessible diesel engine, cozy wall-mounted cabin stove, inordinately large battery bank, water maker and a washer/dryer. She sailed to New Zealand in 1999 and was shortly repowered there after.
|Display Length:||44 '|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons):||37|
|Fresh Water Capacity (Gallons):||105|
|Engines:||(1) x 1999 Md-22 Volvo @ 50 hp|
Seattle Yachts provides access to thousands of boats and yachts available on the market today. These new and used yachts for sale around the world and on the MLS may or may not be listed with Seattle Yachts, however we have the expert team on staff to help you with the purchase of any brand or type of boat.
- 12V/DC and 110V/AC electrical system. 650 amp hour bank with capacity to increase to 1300 amp hours.
- Balmar 160 amp Alternator
- (1) 12 volt battery for emergency GPS/radio
- (2) Trojan house batteries, And (2) Trojan deep cycle starting batteries. all new in 2014 .
- System will accept an additional 4 batteries for a total bank of 1300 amp hours
- 30 amp Shore power cord
- Trace Inverter
- Solar Panels
- 12v charging outlet
Electronics & Navigation
- VHF – Icom IC-M125
- Ham radio – Kenwood TS-4505
- Radar -Furuno 1850 W
- SSB – Furuno FS-1502
- Auto Pilot – Robertson
- Weather Fax
- Kenwood CD/Radio w/ speakers in the cockpit & Cabin
- B&G Hydra 2 – depth/ wind/speed/nav (located at nav station)
- Analogue B&G instruments in cockpit
- Clock, barometer,
- Ritchie compass in binnacle
- Volvo 50 hp four cylinder fresh water cooled diesel, installed new in 1999. Full engine instruments and alarm. 1200 engine hours as of January 2015.
- Stainless steel shaft to 3 blade bronze feathering propeller.
- Electric oil change pump
- 5 gal water heater
- (2) 20lb propane tanks
- (2) manual bilge pumps
- (2) electric bilge pumps
Masthead cutter rigged sloop with keel stepped painted aluminum mast and double spreaders.
Main is fool proof slab reefing for reefing, made easier with a boom crutch. Hood roller furling on the headstay.
Stainless steel standing rigging, Self jibbing spinnaker pole. Reaching strut. Midship traveler mounted forward of dodger.
Working sails include mainsail, MR genoa, #3 jib, Storm trysail, Storm staysail, jib topsail, staysail, 3/4oz spinnaker, reacher. All in very good condition. Also includes a 140% genoa in fair condition.
She's set up for shorthanded sailing with lines leading aft to the cockpit to an array of stoppers and two Barient 27 self-tailing winches. Includes Barient 36 ST primaries, Barient 28 ST secondaries, and four Barient self-tailing winches on mast.