37' Tartan 38 1977
Here is a great opportunity to own a safe & strong legendary Sparkman & Stephens Tartan 37. Technically this is a Tartan 38 witch the hull number confirms. The 38 is a performance Tartan 37 with a tall double spreader rig, deep lead alloy keel (6'9") and skeg hung rudder. This is hull #6 and the first 38 with factory finished cruising interior. The first 5 Tartan 38's were striped out boats for racing. The standing rigging is overbuilt for offshore conditions. The interior is very functional with large galley, saloon, large nav station and sleeping for 7. Lots of storage and most of all this boat is a fantastic sailing boat that won't disappoint in all sailing conditions.
|Display Length:||37 '|
|Fuel Capacity (Gallons):||40|
|Fresh Water Capacity (Gallons):||60|
|Engines:||(1) x 1977 40 Westerbeke @ 39 hp|
Seattle Yachts provides access to thousands of boats and yachts available on the market today. These new and used yachts for sale around the world and on the MLS may or may not be listed with Seattle Yachts, however we have the expert team on staff to help you with the purchase of any brand or type of boat.
- Descending down the companionway you will find a large shaped galley to starboard.
- Opposite galley is a generous sized nav station with several drawers and storage. Nav station seat converters to make aft birth behind nav station into a double birth.
- The saloon has a long settee on both port and starboard side with storage behind seat back. Port side of saloon has a fold down dinette table and will also lower all the way down to make a large double birth.
- Above starboard settee is a single pilot birth. Forward of pilot birth is a storage locker.
- Forward of saloon is a large head with shower.
- Forward cabin as a double birth with hanging locker and storage shelves.
- Interior is finished with beautiful teak.
- Solid fuel bulkhead heater.
- Large "L" galley with abundant storage.
- Magic chef three burner propane stove / oven.
- Deep stainless double sink with pressurized hot & cold water.
- Large ice box with double lid.
- Manual marine head.
- Deck and overboard discharge.
- Abundant storage to outboard.
- Stainless sink with hot & cold pressurized water.
- Hand held shower with sump.
- Opening port light for ventilation.
- AC shore power inlet.
- AC shore power cord.
- Battery charger.
- AC outlets throughout.
- 6gl domestic hot water tank.
- 12v DC panels at nav station.
- DC amp meter.
- DC volt meter.
- 12 volt bilge pump with auto switch and manual override.
- 12 volt propane switch panel with indicator light.
- USCG approved propane box with solenoid.
- Standard Horizon Eclipse Plus fixed mount VHF.
- Coastal Navigator direction finder.
- Richie stainless pedestal compass 4" card.
- Signet wind, depth, speed and close hauled instruments. Reported all working and still serviceable by Signet Marine in California.
- Tall aluminum double spreader mast.
- Aluminum boom with full cabin top traveler.
- Oversize standing rigging.
- Aluminum spinnaker pole.
- Aluminum reaching strut.
- Twin genoa tracks for numerus head sail sizes.
- Edson wheel steering.
- Two Lewmar primary three speed winches #48.
- Barient secondary two speed #42.
- Barient #21 & Lewmar #16 two speed port cabin top.
- Lewmar #25 & 40 starboard cabin top.
- Three on mast and one on boom.
- Watts main sail.
- #1 genoa 150%
- #2 genoa 110%
- #3 head sail 90%
- #4 blade
- Three spinnakers
Sail area 100% fortriangle sail 667sq/ft
I = 47'
J = 16'
P = 41.5'
E = 12'
- Double lifelines.
- Life Sling.
- 24lb & 12lb Danforth anchors with unknow length of anchor rode.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Screens for opening hatches.
- Gori folding propeller.
- Two extra fixed propellers.
- Newer Westerbeke raw water pump.
Kirk Peterson's cell: 425-652-2651